1. D=c-s/n (for depreciation)
2. A=1/2h(B+b) (for b) Area of trapezoid
3. Rose's garden is in the shape of a trapezoid. If the height of the trapezoid is 16m, one base is 20m and the area is 224m^2, find the length of the other base.
Use the formula for trapezoid area you're given. You have everything except little b. Enter in what you're given and solve for b.
4. Yuri has a board that is 98 in long. He wishes to cut the board into two pieces so that one will be 10 in longer than the other. What should the length of each piece be?
Let one section be x, then the other section is x+10
5. The Randolphs used 12 more gallons of fuel in October than in September and twice as much fuel in November as in September. If they used 132 gallons for the 3 months, how much was used each month?
sept. fuel=x; oct. fuel=x+12; nov. fuel=2x
I tried doing a quote but kept getting that "too short" message.