A manufacturer of bicycles has 4813 wheels, 2304 frames, and 2254 handlebars.
(a) How many bicycles can be manufactured using these parts?
(b) How many parts of each kind are left over?
(a) We want to see which of this is the lowest value. For:
The lowest value is hence bicycles can be manufactured.
- Wheels: . So, bicycles can be made.
- Frames: bicycles can be made.
- Handlebars: can be made.
(b) We subtract for each parts.
- Wheels: . So, wheels remain (As wheel of is wheel).
- Frames: . So, frames remain.
- Handlebars: . No handlebars remain.