you can do the calculator verification, right?
now, use the above definitions to show that
I dont even know where to start with this problem so I hope someone here can spare some time and help me
1) Using your calculator verify that sin 0 divided by Cos 0 is equal to tan 0 for angle 0. Try 30 degrees and prove that this result is true in general by using the definitions for sin - and cos 0 and tan 0.
Thanks in advance
1. press the [MODE] button, move the dark blinking cursor on top of the word degree and press [ENTER].
2. go back to the home screen by pressing [2nd] [MODE].
3. enter the expression sin(0)/cos(0) then [ENTER] ... the calculator will return the value 0.
4. enter tan(0) and [ENTER] ... the calculator will return the same value 0.
5. Do the same operations with other angles ... 30 degrees, 52 degrees, whatever ... you'll see that the sin/cos calculation yield the same value as the tangent calculation. As such, you've verified that sin(x)/cos(x) = tan(x) with the calculator.