Directly from my math log.
All right I know the problem is long but I have done some of the work. I just need you guys to check if I did it right or not.
The table shows how the weight of a chicken embryo inside and egg changes over time.
- A power function has the form where and are constants.
- You can use an exponential function to model a set of data pairs if there is a linear relationship between and .
- You can use a power function to model a set of data pairs if there is a linear relationship between and .
- Make a scatter plot, on your own graph paper, of the data pairs . What relationship exists between and ?
- Find an equation giving as a function of .
- A chick hatches 21 days after the egg is laid. Estimate the weight of a chick when it hatches.
Some of the questions asked a kind of vague to me so I don't really understand what it's asking. Help of any kind would be appreciated.
- I graphed the data on graph paper and in my calculator based on . It looks like the relationship between the coordinates is a linear relationship. Would that be right answer?
- I found the equation by using linear regression on my calculator after I plotted my points of . I got as the equation. But I also plot the graph based on and I found the power regression of the data which came out to be and fit the data almost precisely. So which equation should I put as the answer?
- For this I got 45.476 g, when based on the equation and it seems reasonable. But when using , I got 81.212 g.
BTW - The table is attached to the thread.