ok, so im aloud to make a cheat sheet for my test tomrrow. our teacher has said that these examples will be or be like the ones on the test... im gunna admit, im not really good in math, and my mark could be in jepardy. i would be very upset aswell as my parents if i failed. this test is a biggy, so all the help i could get, please speak up it would help greatly.
ok so here are the questions he said would be or close to be on the test.
1) On plannet claire, the hegiht, H- meters of an object fires up from ground at 48m/s is described by H = 48t -16t^2. t = time in seconds since object was fired. Determine max height of the object, the times it is 32m above ground and the time it hits the ground.
B) What is the Max height of the object?
c) At what times is the object 32m above the ground of planet claire?
D) What time did the object hit the ground?
2) TI - 83 scatter plot and exponential equation steps.
B) Use TVM to calculate what $2500 deposited for 3 years at 7% compunded monthly. Fill in the values on the TVM screen.
3) Differences between savings account and G.I.C. and why it's better to use either option.
4) Whats a Credit rating and what factors effect it.
5) When is it better to use sine Law instead of Cosine Law? and why?
6) Sampling techniques (Random, Stratified, clustered, Convienence, Voluntary) is used to gather unbiased data. which is the best one and why?
Time : 0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9
Linear, Quadratic, or Exponential- what is the best for this problem and why?
Use TI - 83 to find the best Exponential equation (what is this??) to fit the data. round to two decimal places. Explain.
B) Predict what the temp will be after 7.5 minutes
8) Draw a scale "Net" of the object in class
9) A) Design a Clear unbiased questionnair to gather input on restricting one lane of a 3 lane highway to being a car - pool and bus, lane only. You are trying to discover if people will support is as a way to reduce traffic congestions.
10) An American university recorded the following data from a random sample of 100 light bulbs - This shows the total number of bulbs burnt out after reported days.
Bulbs Burnt: 3/20/36/49/60/67/75/79/83/86/89/91/93/95/100
A) Is this discrete of Continuous Data?
B) Create a tally chart for the life in days of the bulbs (eg: 3 bulbs lasted 1 day, 17 bulbs lasted 7 days, etc, etc)
C) Sketch an appropriate gragh - either a histogram or bar chart to illistrate the data B)
D) What is experimental probability that a light bulb will be burned out after 4 weeks?
E) Using any mathod and/or technology tought in class, find the average lifetime of the bulbs in the experiment.
Any help contributed would help GREATLY!!! you dont even kno how important this is to me. Thank you so much in advance.
If there is somthing i could do, please let me know and ill do it!
please try and explain the things that are required
Thanks a ton!