Results 1 to 5 of 5

Math Help - fuzzy quantity-problem

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3

    fuzzy quantity-problem

    Any math hacks here? I'm being asked this problem and I need confirmation (and no, this's no case of cybercheating ;>):
    • A guy (let's call'm Jake) got a new contract and wants to celebrate this by treating his collegues with little bags of bonbons. There are twelve pieces in every bagling. Jake's boss would be getting a double portion. Now how many bonbons did Jake give away?
    • Thanks in advance
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    GAMMA Mathematics
    colby2152's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    From
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,172
    Awards
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Any math hacks here? I'm being asked this problem and I need confirmation (and no, this's no case of cybercheating ;>):
    • A guy (let's call'm Jake) got a new contract and wants to celebrate this by treating his collegues with little bags of bonbons. There are twelve pieces in every bagling. Jake's boss would be getting a double portion. Now how many bonbons did Jake give away?
    • Thanks in advance
    How many colleagues does he have? Let the total amount of colleagues be equal to X. Each colleague will receive a bag of 12 bonbons. Also, the boss gets a double portion, so f(x)=12(x+1) depicts the amount of bonbons given away by Jake depending on X colleagues.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by colby2152 View Post
    How many colleagues does he have? Let the total amount of colleagues be equal to X. Each colleague will receive a bag of 12 bonbons. Also, the boss gets a double portion, so f(x)=12(x+1) depicts the amount of bonbons given away by Jake depending on X colleagues.
    That's my problem. There's no information available about the number of collegues

    I hope you can help me confirm that this problem is "faulty" as it stands (as I described it in my thread-opening post.

    Thanks for the quick reply
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    GAMMA Mathematics
    colby2152's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    From
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,172
    Awards
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    That's my problem. There's no information available about the number of collegues

    I hope you can help me confirm that this problem is "faulty" as it stands (as I described it in my thread-opening post.

    Thanks for the quick reply
    Yep, you are missing information on ol' Jake's colleagues.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3
    I hope so. I just wanted to be sure that the problem, as is, can't be interpreted in any other way and that there are no tricks hidden "somewhere" in there =)
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Economic Order Quantity Problem
    Posted in the Business Math Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 19th 2013, 06:48 AM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 3rd 2008, 02:58 AM
  3. fuzzy sets
    Posted in the Advanced Algebra Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 14th 2008, 09:09 AM
  4. Fuzzy Logic
    Posted in the Discrete Math Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: June 14th 2007, 09:00 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum