Results 1 to 2 of 2

Math Help - Help Help!!!

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4

    Help Help!!!

    Here some problems i need help with:

    1)
    Write the numerical coefficient of -7c^9d^2

    2)
    Write the probability of getting a number over 4 of two successive of single die

    3)
    Write equation that equivalent to 16-x=0

    4)
    The numerical coefficient of the product of (x-8)(x-5) equals= ?
    5)
    write the slope-intercept form of 3x=16+4y.

    6)
    The slope of line parallel to -x+y=12 equals____
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Global Moderator

    Joined
    Nov 2005
    From
    New York City
    Posts
    10,616
    Thanks
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by mathelp
    Here some problems i need help with:

    1)
    Write the numerical coefficient of -7c^9d^2
    In -7c^9d^2 the coefficient is number in front of variable(s) thus it is -7.

    Quote Originally Posted by mathelp
    2)
    Write the probability of getting a number over 4 of two successive of single die
    That means either 5 or 6 and there are 6 possibilities thus,
    the probability is 2/6=1/3

    Quote Originally Posted by mathelp
    3)
    Write equation that equivalent to 16-x=0
    Not sure, what you want. Add x to both sides to get,
    16=x

    Quote Originally Posted by mathelp
    4)
    The numerical coefficient of the product of (x-8)(x-5) equals= ?
    Not sure what you want. You need to use F.O.I.L on (x-8)(x-5) which gives x^2-5x-8x+40 collect terms to get, x^2-13x+40

    Quote Originally Posted by mathelp
    5)
    write the slope-intercept form of 3x=16+4y.
    Slope-intercept form means basically solve for y. First subtract 16 from both sides to get, 3x-16=4y now divide by 4 both sides to get,
    y=\frac{3}{4}x-4

    Quote Originally Posted by mathelp
    6)
    The slope of line parallel to -x+y=12 equals____
    First write it in slope-intercept form. Which is y=x+12. Any line parallel to this one has the same slope. The slope in the coffecient of the x which over here is 1 because 1x=x.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum