m = 16,000kg
v = 6m/s
S = 10m
The velocity equation is
The distance equation is
Try and use those two equations along with the information you've been given to solve for both and
Could you please help me with these three tasks?
1. A trolley weighing 16 000kg is moving along a horizontal surface with a velocity od 6m/s. What braking force would cause it to brake on a distance of 10m and how long it would take?
2. A cycler is going through the winding, cycling on a circle of radius 6m and is slanting with alpha=75^ to the horizontal surface. What's his velocity?
3. A body of small dimensions is sliding from an apex of a sphere of radius R down. At what height h from the apex the body will lose contact from the sphere? (assume the friction is low)
1. a = F/m = ΔV/t. So ΔV = 6m/s, m=16 000kg, s = 10m and F = mΔV/Δt. We know neither F nor t so how could I solve this? It's just one equation but two unknown variables.
2. We have two forces on the cycler - centrifugal force and friction. They are equal (or at least should be? Though I don't know why...) so we have T=Fc and thus . How should I use it, though, if I have only 75^ and the radius given?
3. Oh my, been cracking my head over it for some time and know not even where to start...
Could you please hlp me understand?