Answers would be greatly appreciated, brief explanations also......but just answers would be fine lol.
Thanx for the help so far guys, thanx qbkr for givin me the straight up answers lol.
Well, I guess it's better to explain:
so rational and irrational numbers.
A rational number is one that can be expressed as:
m/n (where m and n are INTEGERS (whole numbers)
1. 1/3 is NOT irrational, why?
1/3 = 0.33 (recurring)
let 0.33 (recurring) = x
10x = 3.33 (recurring)
10x - x = 3
9x = 3
x = 3/9 (3 and 9 are whole numbers!)
therefore the answer is FALSE
2. Already as I have said (m/n for rational numbers)
4/7 are both integers which means that it is RATIONAL
3. yup sq. root 2 is IRRATIONAL (you can't express it in m/n)
I think there's another way to prove it too btw but I don't remember it
4. sq. root 128 (what's the sq. root sign on the keyboard btw? :S)
sq. root 128 = sq. root 64 x (times) sq. root 2
as we know root 64 = 8
answer = 8 x sq. root 2 = C
5. this is the same as:
- (sq. root 18) x (sq. root 245) you should be able to work this out for yourself
= - sq. root 4410
- sq. root (441 x 10)
which is the same as:
-21 x sq. root 10 (-21 is sq. root of 441)
answer is D
I'll do the rest later, tired now, hope you understand