Results 1 to 5 of 5

Math Help - Convolution under Mathematica 6

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    21

    Convolution under Mathematica 6

    Hello everybody ,

    I'd like your help with the following problem . Since Mathematica 6 does not has any command that involves Convolution , I defined one myself by the definition of Convolution . I need to have convolution of y(t)=x(t)*h(t)
    .
    However , when I try to initiate the code , nothing happens . The file is attached , thanks in advance
    Last edited by new guy; June 29th 2009 at 01:46 AM.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Grand Panjandrum
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    From
    someplace
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by new guy View Post
    Hello everybody ,

    I'd like your help with the following problem . Since Mathematica 6 does not has any command that involves Convolution , I defined one myself by the definition of Convolution . I need to have convolution of y(t)=x(t)*h(t)
    .
    However , when I try to initiate the code , nothing happens . The file is attached , thanks in advance
    How does it know what \Lambda[.] denotes (it looks like a function or array to me)?

    CB
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post
    How does it know what \Lambda[.] denotes (it looks like a function or array to me)?

    CB
    You're right of course . I've just added it , as you can see in the file attached to this comment .However even after adding the definition of
    \Lambda[.] , nothing happens !
    Last edited by new guy; June 29th 2009 at 01:47 AM.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Joined
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    903
    It's better if you cut and past you're code so that we can cut and past it directly into Mathematica. Select it, then do a Cell/Convert To/Raw Input form like I did below. Now you can just cut and paste it directly in your Mathematica and if you want convert it back to standard form.


    \[CapitalLambda][t_] :=Piecewise[{{1-Abs[t],Abs[t]<= 1},{0,Abs[t]>= 1}}];
    t0 = 9;
    s1 = t0 - 6;
    x[t_] := Exp[s1*t];
    h[t_] := \[CapitalLambda][t/10];
    myConvol[t_]=Integrate[x[t - \[Tau]]*h[\[Tau]],
    {\[Tau], -Infinity, Infinity}]
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by shawsend View Post
    It's better if you cut and past you're code so that we can cut and past it directly into Mathematica. Select it, then do a Cell/Convert To/Raw Input form like I did below. Now you can just cut and paste it directly in your Mathematica and if you want convert it back to standard form.


    \[CapitalLambda][t_] :=Piecewise[{{1-Abs[t],Abs[t]<= 1},{0,Abs[t]>= 1}}];
    t0 = 9;
    s1 = t0 - 6;
    x[t_] := Exp[s1*t];
    h[t_] := \[CapitalLambda][t/10];
    myConvol[t_]=Integrate[x[t - \[Tau]]*h[\[Tau]],
    {\[Tau], -Infinity, Infinity}]

    I'll do that . thanks again for the help !
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Convolution
    Posted in the Differential Geometry Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 21st 2011, 02:02 PM
  2. convolution
    Posted in the Differential Geometry Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 25th 2010, 04:38 AM
  3. Convolution
    Posted in the Advanced Statistics Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: April 13th 2010, 12:28 AM
  4. Help with convolution??
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 14th 2009, 03:56 PM
  5. Convolution
    Posted in the Advanced Applied Math Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 20th 2008, 12:10 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum