CAn someone tell me if I have done this question correctly and what else I need to do
3. A famous formula that can be used to roughly estimate the Blood Alcohol Concentration
(BAC) percentage is the Widmark formula given as
- Ounces’ is the liquid ounces of alcohol consumed.
- ADR’ is the alcohol distribution ratio. This is equal to 0.73 for males and 0.66 for females.
- Weight’ is the weight (kg) of individual whose BAC is to be estimated.
- Hours’ is the time in hours since the first drink.
(a) Suppose we wish to estimate the BAC% of a male who weighs 80kg and who has
consumed 2.7 liquid ounces of alcohol over the past 2.5 hours. Write an R script
file (make sure you submit your commands when handing in your assignment) that
i. Assigns appropriate values to the R objects Ounces, Weight, ADR and Hours
that will be used to estimate the BAC% for this individual.
ii. Uses these R objects and the Widmark formula to estimate the BAC%.
What is the estimated BAC% for this person?
(b) Now suppose that this person has consumed the same amount of alcohol over 3
hours. By changing just the value you assigned to Hours in your script, what is
the estimated BAC% now?