Results 1 to 6 of 6

Math Help - Binary Notation<-->Number Converter

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    From
    Berkeley, Illinois
    Posts
    364

    Binary Notation<-->Number Converter

    I put together a binary notation to decimal converter as well as a decimal to binary calculator. Similar to the Roman Numeral lesson, I've built the math work step by step to show each piece of the binary notation constructed or deconstructed.

    It is located on the "Other Calculations" page, and is searchable by binary, notation, positive, integer. Please alert me to any errors or enhancements.

    Binary Notation Conversions
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Bar0n janvdl's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    From
    Meh
    Posts
    1,630
    Thanks
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by mathceleb View Post
    I put together a binary notation to decimal converter as well as a decimal to binary calculator. Similar to the Roman Numeral lesson, I've built the math work step by step to show each piece of the binary notation constructed or deconstructed.

    It is located on the "Other Calculations" page, and is searchable by binary, notation, positive, integer. Please alert me to any errors or enhancements.

    Binary Notation Conversions
    The Quicksolver is also capable of converting binary to decimal and vice versa, but not with an explanation in the program itself.

    I like it
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    From
    Berkeley, Illinois
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by janvdl View Post
    The Quicksolver is also capable of converting binary to decimal and vice versa, but not with an explanation in the program itself.

    I like it
    I saw the Quicksolver this morning, that's a very nice job you did with that!
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Bar0n janvdl's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    From
    Meh
    Posts
    1,630
    Thanks
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by mathceleb View Post
    I saw the Quicksolver this morning, that's a very nice job you did with that!
    Thank you!

    I am currently working on version 4 which is a .NET version.
    I'm using C# although it's definitely not very nice for programming something like it. I have to refine things like the cubic solver, starting the coding from scratch. Seems C# has a different order of operations.

    A grapher will take some time. I don't know how to do that. I'll go look at Earboth's code(he did the grapher in the prev. Quicksolver version), and see if I can do the same for C#.

    Currently those are my only probs. The rest is just about done. Few enhancements here and there. Hoping for a positive feedback on it when its done.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Binary Notation&lt;--&gt;Number Converter-quicksolver4.jpg  
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    From
    Berkeley, Illinois
    Posts
    364
    Wow, that new layout is beautiful, very user friendly and aesthetic. Keep up the good work, I'm anxious to see the next release!
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2008
    From
    Berkeley, Illinois
    Posts
    364
    Enhancement Update for this lesson:

    This lesson will now convert from decimal to octal and hexadecimal as well besides just binary notation.

    In addition, the reverse conversions have been added as well from octal and hexadecimal back to decimal.

    All math work is included just like we did for to and from for binary/decimal conversions. I've scrapped the buttons and now have a table format with radio buttons.

    Search engine will now pick up all the old keywords I listed in my prior post as well as hexadecimal, octal, decimal.

    Let me know if you see any errors or want more enhancements.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. probability that binary number has no consecutive ones
    Posted in the Discrete Math Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 9th 2011, 09:40 PM
  2. binary number arithmetic/2
    Posted in the Number Theory Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 6th 2011, 01:31 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 3rd 2011, 04:22 PM
  4. Binary notation and mods
    Posted in the Number Theory Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 16th 2010, 10:49 PM
  5. Roman Numeral<-->Number Converter
    Posted in the Math Software Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 6th 2008, 12:15 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum