I have a query regarding purchasing a suitable math program to aid me in understanding mathematics. I do not know the pros and cons of the following programs: Mathlab, Mathematica, Derive, Maple. Perhaps there are others.
I do not have sufficient experience in using math programs so I would like some advice on purchasing a program that has the following features.
- User friendly, user inputs in the form of drop down menu’s, clickables etc– I don’t have time to learn programming language like in Matlab etc
- Student Edition available. ( I work full time and study part time.)
- Plot graphical solutions ie, differential equations both ordinary and partial. Coming from an engineering background, I would like to visualise what I am actually solving.
- Cover topics such as
- Partial and ordin Diff eqns
- Fourier transforms
- Topics in Quantum Mechanics
I was looking at Maple which seems like a nice package for 100euro student edition. I dont know if this has smart phone version.
- And maybe as a nice feature…a downloadable version for smart phones etc so I can show off to my friends J
Any comments suggestions will be appreciated so that I may purchase with confidence.