Results 1 to 5 of 5

Math Help - How to plot loads of numbers matlab

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    393

    How to plot loads of numbers matlab

    Basically i have been given a site which has data (3figures with 1 decimal place) of about 100 rows and 12 columns.

    How do i get this into matlab and then plot it?

    Thanks
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Grand Panjandrum
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    From
    someplace
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_leeds View Post
    Basically i have been given a site which has data (3figures with 1 decimal place) of about 100 rows and 12 columns.

    How do i get this into matlab and then plot it?

    Thanks
    Copy the data to Excel and save. Then use the data import tool (iirc on the file menue).

    CB
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    393
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post
    Copy the data to Excel and save. Then use the data import tool (iirc on the file menue).

    CB
    Thanks i just tried thhis but when i copy and paste it into excel. Each number doesnt go into its own cell. It all goes into column A
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    393
    Ok i've done it and its save under a varaiable Sheet2

    So i do plot(Sheet2)

    But it comes up with

    ??? Error using ==> plot
    Conversion to double from cell is not possible.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Grand Panjandrum
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    From
    someplace
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_leeds View Post
    Ok i've done it and its save under a varaiable Sheet2

    So i do plot(Sheet2)

    But it comes up with

    ??? Error using ==> plot
    Conversion to double from cell is not possible.
    Check the dimensions of Sheet2, and if it is a array or a cell array that is not a degenerate vector you will have to investigate the 3D plotting functions.

    CB
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. 3D plot of z = (Matlab)
    Posted in the Math Software Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 14th 2011, 09:22 PM
  2. loglog plot in MATLAB
    Posted in the Math Software Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: March 31st 2011, 08:43 PM
  3. matlab plot function
    Posted in the Math Software Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 26th 2010, 08:03 AM
  4. Kac Formula plot with MatLab
    Posted in the Math Software Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 14th 2010, 08:33 AM
  5. MatLab Plot
    Posted in the Math Software Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 2nd 2008, 11:59 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum