I got them down to the fish, which I think is a stickleback. The betting on a horse that starts with 'back' is where I got hung up.
The last two are fishing and hinge. I am missing the 4 between stickleback to fishing.
Here are 25 words with a twist. The last four letters of each word form the first four letters of the following word. Definitions are given for each word. The first 3 are done for you to get you started. Some of these are pretty tough.
1. Get ready ===> Prepare
2. Mother or father ===> Parent
3. Not owning; paying for accommodation by making regular payments to a landlord ===> Renting
4. Give a slight color to
5. To eat or swallow
6. A non-verbal expression of feeling
7. A container (for soup etc.)
8. A repeat performance, or a re-staging of an historical event
9. An entertainer who "reads" minds
10. Lacking in energy
11. Reduces or diminishes
12. Becoming aware of
13. Producing words in a musical fashion (often accompanied by a tune)
14. A number of cloth items with a check pattern
15. A small mammal often kept as a pet
16. Of much worth or British currency
17. Relating to the study of languages
18. A small freshwater fish
19. Betting on a horse
20. A brightly colored bird often seen near water
21. A Crown officer or lawman
22. The rabble or hoi polloi
23. Dissipated or tawdry
25. A movable joint used for hanging a door
Nowadays the trend for abacus is very prevalent
It not only improves mathematics but also builds there memory retention better and listening skills.
It makes the young students calculate like calculators
so why don't all of us update ourselves and our known youngsters about this ancient wonder
Any help regarding this is welcome from my side
Pls feel free to contact me at Axis Mental Arithmetic