Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 56

Math Help - Testing LaTeX 2

  1. #16
    Member i_zz_y_ill's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    140

    nb

    z=(4+\sqrt15)^1/3
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #17
    Member i_zz_y_ill's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    140

    ?

    z=\sqr[3]{4+\sqrt{15}}
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #18
    Member i_zz_y_ill's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    140

    v

    z=\sqrt[3]{(4+\sqrt15)}
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #19
    Super Member
    Joined
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by i_zz_y_ill View Post
    z=(4+\sqrt15)^1/3
    Always enclose your latex code with and when you want to write 1+ characters as a power, enclose them with brackets {}
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #20
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    74

    g

    \frac{(2n)!}{n!}
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #21
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    74

    v

    2^n.1.2.3.4.....(2n-1)
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  7. #22
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    74

    g

    (1+x)^n

    (1+x)^m(1+x)^n=(1+x)^(n+m)

    r_{x{_m
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    From
    Montreal
    Posts
    311
    Awards
    1
    \left{ \frac{1}{2} \right}

    anybody know how to get the curly brackets {} to show, within:

    \left{ \frac{1}{2} \right} for example
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  9. #24
    Rhymes with Orange Chris L T521's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2008
    From
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,844
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    \left{ \frac{1}{2} \right}

    anybody know how to get the curly brackets {} to show, within:

    \left{ \frac{1}{2} \right} for example
    Do either:

    [tex]\left\{ \frac{1}{2} \right\}[/tex], which gives us \left\{ \frac{1}{2} \right\}

    OR

    [tex]\{ \frac{1}{2} \}[/tex], which gives us \{ \frac{1}{2} \}

    Note the difference between these. The first one looks better...the second one seems odd....

    --Chris
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  10. #25
    MHF Contributor
    Opalg's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    From
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    4,041
    Thanks
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris L T521 View Post
    Do either:

    [tex]\left\{ \frac{1}{2} \right\}[/tex], which gives us \left\{ \frac{1}{2} \right\}

    OR

    [tex]\{ \frac{1}{2} \}[/tex], which gives us \{ \frac{1}{2} \}

    Note the difference between these. The first one looks better...the second one seems odd....

    --Chris
    Better still (in my opinion), do

    [tex]\left\{ \tfrac{1}{2} \right\}[/tex], which gives us \left\{ \tfrac{1}{2} \right\}

    The textstyle fractions usually (not always) look better than displaystyle when dealing with single-digit numbers in the fraction.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  11. #26
    Moo
    Moo is offline
    A Cute Angle Moo's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    From
    P(I'm here)=1/3, P(I'm there)=t+1/3
    Posts
    5,618
    Thanks
    6
    Still better :
    [tex]\left\{\tfrac12\right\}[/tex] \left\{\tfrac12\right\} (that was the lazy way)
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  12. #27
    Senior Member bkarpuz's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2008
    From
    R
    Posts
    481
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Moo View Post
    Still better :
    [tex]\left\{\tfrac12\right\}[/tex] \left\{\tfrac12\right\} (that was the lazy way)
    I think, [tex]\{1/2\}[/tex], which gives \{1/2\}, looks better when in line.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  13. #28
    Member Jones's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    From
    Norway
    Posts
    170
    <br />
\begin{array}{rcll} x & \equiv & 6 & \text{mod } 9 \\ x & \equiv & 3 & \text{mod } 13 \\ x & \equiv & 5 & \text{mod } 16 \end{array}<br />
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  14. #29
    MHF Contributor
    Opalg's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2007
    From
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    4,041
    Thanks
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    <br />
\begin{array}{rcll} x & \equiv & 6 & \text{mod } 9 \\ x & \equiv & 3 & \text{mod } 13 \\ x & \equiv & 5 & \text{mod } 16 \end{array}<br />
    ... or you can use \pmod, as in [tex]x \equiv 6 \pmod{9}[/tex], to get x \equiv 6 \pmod{9}.

    Personally, I think that \pmod leaves too much space before the first parenthesis, so I put in a couple of small backspaces (\!\!), to get x \equiv 6\!\! \pmod{9}.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  15. #30
    Member Jones's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2006
    From
    Norway
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalg View Post
    ... or you can use \pmod, as in [tex]x \equiv 6 \pmod{9}[/tex], to get x \equiv 6 \pmod{9}.

    Personally, I think that \pmod leaves too much space before the first parenthesis, so I put in a couple of small backspaces (\!\!), to get x \equiv 6\!\! \pmod{9}.

    Hehe, how would i get a left bracket first to indicate an equation system, (or congruence system if you like)
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. [SOLVED] testing latex...
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 12th 2011, 02:01 PM
  2. n00b Testing Latex
    Posted in the LaTeX Help Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 28th 2009, 01:19 PM
  3. LaTeX Testing
    Posted in the LaTeX Help Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 30th 2008, 11:49 AM
  4. Testing LaTeX
    Posted in the LaTeX Help Forum
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: July 2nd 2008, 11:08 AM
  5. Testing two variances is the same as testing two means?
    Posted in the Advanced Statistics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 13th 2007, 11:38 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum