Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree5Thanks
  • 1 Post By SlipEternal
  • 1 Post By Plato
  • 1 Post By Fox333
  • 1 Post By topsquark
  • 1 Post By Fox333

Thread: overlapping circles question- URGENT!

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Feb 2018
    From
    UK
    Posts
    8

    overlapping circles question- URGENT!

    Dear all,
    I am having some trouble with this question. I don't understand how to do this so if someone could give me a step-by-step worked solution that would be great.

    Thanksoverlapping circles question- URGENT!-circles.jpg
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,316
    Thanks
    1284

    Re: overlapping circles question- URGENT!

    Hello bbear123,

    This is not really a homework service. If you could give us a step-by-step worked attempt at a solution (even if it is wrong), we would have a starting point to help you. The effort to post the problem is insufficient to help us know what assistance you need. There are many techniques in mathematics that can be used to solve this problem, but without seeing your attempt, we have no idea how to start in a way that will be meaningful to you.
    Thanks from topsquark
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    MHF Contributor

    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    21,735
    Thanks
    2810
    Awards
    1

    Re: overlapping circles question- URGENT!

    Quote Originally Posted by bbear123 View Post
    Dear all,
    I am having some trouble with this question. I don't understand how to do this so if someone could give me a step-by-step worked solution that would be great.
    Look at this webpage.
    You are looking for the sum of two sector areas; small sector area plus the large sector area.
    Last edited by Plato; Apr 11th 2018 at 05:21 AM.
    Thanks from bbear123
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Joined
    Apr 2017
    From
    the Earth
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    2

    Re: overlapping circles question- URGENT!

    bbear123,
    I'm not sure what kind of help is permitted and not permitted here. Then, I wrote you a PM. Please check your inbox.
    Thanks from bbear123
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Forum Admin topsquark's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    From
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    11,119
    Thanks
    718
    Awards
    1

    Re: overlapping circles question- URGENT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox333 View Post
    bbear123,
    I'm not sure what kind of help is permitted and not permitted here. Then, I wrote you a PM. Please check your inbox.
    You are allowed to help in whatever way you feel as appropriate. However it is the (tacit) agreement of most of us that regularly help other members that it is far better to lead a student instead of simply supplying answers. Besides, most students here are asking about homework... and we have a strict policy about not simply giving out answers in that case. It's a fine line to walk on.

    -Dan
    Thanks from Plato
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Joined
    Apr 2017
    From
    the Earth
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    2

    Re: overlapping circles question- URGENT!

    Quote Originally Posted by topsquark View Post
    You are allowed to help in whatever way you feel as appropriate. However it is the (tacit) agreement of most of us that regularly help other members that it is far better to lead a student instead of simply supplying answers. Besides, most students here are asking about homework... and we have a strict policy about not simply giving out answers in that case. It's a fine line to walk on.

    -Dan
    OK, I got it.
    Thanks from topsquark
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 26th 2011, 02:28 PM
  2. Overlapping circles question
    Posted in the Geometry Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 25th 2009, 03:39 PM
  3. overlapping circles
    Posted in the Geometry Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jul 4th 2009, 06:12 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 28th 2009, 11:10 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 22nd 2008, 09:31 PM

/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum