I want to know the solutions with this different set of problems. Thank you in advance.
1. A line intersect three parallel planes and its segments between the planes are 10 dm and 15 dm.
Find the distances between the planes if the line forms an angle of 60° with a line othat is perpendicular to one of the planes.
2. If three parallel planes divide one line into segments of 12 m and 18 m, and the line makes an angle of 60° with the first plane, find the distance between the second and the third planes.
3. Between what limits must the third face angle of a trihedral angle lie if the other two face angles are to be 70° and 100°?
4. If two angles of a trihedral angle are 130° and 140°, find the lower limit which the third face angles approaches?
5. How many kinds of polyhedral angles can be formed whose face angles are each 30°? 45°? 90°?
September 5th 2013, 10:29 AM
Re: Geometry Problems
This is not a forum that supplies solutions but rather a help forum that helps those who show their work and need some help from us...
Show some of your work then...
Hint : for the first question consider the plane that is perpendicular to the three planes and contains the given line... then work on that plane using similar triangles....and elementary trigonometry.