hi all, i'm in need of some help. i take geometry honors at my high school and we have been doing proofs for about 3 weeks now. last week i was recieving an A in the class and i felt i knew the material but then i took the first test and failed and am now receiving a C. This is not normal for me as i am an A-B student. I DON'T GET C's hahahaha. ANYWAY...i apparently need help with proofs. I pretty much get what my teacher is saying when he's at the board teaching it to the class but as soon as he sits down i become confused. My major questions are:
I would GREATLY appreciate ANYONE who knows proofs' help. I am taking a quiz on monday and i will most likely be studying and relearning everything this weekend. ANY HELP WILL HELP ME A TON!!!!!!!
- Where do i start? (i know i write the givens but then what?)
- Do the givens always come first?(in the book some are spread out)
- HOW MANY STEPS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE IN A PROOF!!!(this is one of my major problems. I don't know how many steps are supposed to be in my proofs. It seems like one day we were writing 2 step proofs and the next day it turned into 5+ steps)
- What do i look for when finding other steps for the proofs? (i dont know if i explained that right.)
- HOW DO I COME UP WITH MY OWN CONCLUSION?(another major. It seems like i can come up with atleast 2 conclusions on every proof. Which one is correct?)
- theres a few more that i can't really think of right now.