Results 1 to 9 of 9

Math Help - Determine Angle X.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    28

    Determine Angle X.

    Kind of stuck here. And would really appreciate a couple of tips and clues or a couple of sentences of what is given/obvious.

    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor

    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    18,605
    Thanks
    1573
    Awards
    1
    m\left( {\angle EAD} \right) = \frac{\pi }{6}. WHY?
    m\left( {\angle ADE} \right) = m\left( {\angle DEA} \right) WHY?
    m\left( {\angle ADE} \right) + m\left( {\angle DEA} \right) + m\left( {\angle EAD} \right) = ?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Plato View Post
    m\left( {\angle EAD} \right) = \frac{\pi }{6}. WHY?
    m\left( {\angle ADE} \right) = m\left( {\angle DEA} \right) WHY?
    m\left( {\angle ADE} \right) + m\left( {\angle DEA} \right) + m\left( {\angle EAD} \right) = ?

    Thanks. But that wasn't much help to me. Can somone please explain and lead me to the correct answer.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor

    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    18,605
    Thanks
    1573
    Awards
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    Thanks. But that wasn't much help to me. Can somone please explain and lead me to the correct answer.
    Well that hurts my feelings. Did you think about it at all?
    \Delta EAB is equilateral so that tells you m\left( {\angle EAB} \right).
    So that tells you m\left( {\angle EAD} \right).
    The \Delta EAD is isosceles. That gives you x.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Plato View Post
    Well that hurts my feelings. Did you think about it at all?
    \Delta EAB is equilateral so that tells you m\left( {\angle EAB} \right).
    So that tells you m\left( {\angle EAD} \right).
    The \Delta EAD is isosceles. That gives you x.
    Thanks. But I need more help to be able to solve it
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    Flow Master
    mr fantastic's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    From
    Zeitgeist
    Posts
    16,948
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    Thanks. But I need more help to be able to solve it
    Please show your attempt in light of the help given so far. What have you done, where do you get stuck?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  7. #7
    Senior Member pacman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    448
    if you will ONLY read well the post of Mr. PLATO, you almost there.

    observe that, angle DAE = angle DAB - angle EAB = 90 - 60 = 30 degrees

    but angle DAE is isoceles triangle.

    Sum up the angles of triangle DAE, here we go

    180 = (angle DAE) + (angle ADE) + (angle AED),

    Therefore ....


    Last edited by mr fantastic; October 8th 2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Left a bit more for the OP to do.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman View Post
    if you will ONLY read well the post of Mr. PLATO, you almost there.

    observe that, angle DAE = angle DAB - angle EAB = 90 - 60 = 30 degrees

    but angle DAE is isoceles triangle.

    Sum up the angles of triangle DAE, here we go

    180 = (angle DAE) + (angle ADE) + (angle AED),

    Therefore ....

    Thanks. Great! I understand perfectly!
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  9. #9
    Senior Member pacman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    448
    i'm glad you solve it now . . . .
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Determine Angle Type Given Side Lengths
    Posted in the Geometry Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: April 28th 2011, 09:23 PM
  2. Determine angle x.
    Posted in the Geometry Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 21st 2009, 05:59 AM
  3. determine angle of 3 points
    Posted in the Geometry Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 22nd 2009, 09:48 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 15th 2008, 09:46 PM
  5. Vector Rotation 3D - determine correct angle
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 18th 2008, 06:32 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum