Results 1 to 4 of 4

Math Help - Kite....

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Sep 2009
    From
    Vadodara,Gujarat,India
    Posts
    33

    Question Kite....

    P and Q are 2 distinct points in the interior of the square ABCD such that AP =Aq and angle BAP is congruent to angle DAQ.Show that APCQ is a KITE
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Super Member Matt Westwood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    From
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    737
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by anshulbshah View Post
    P and Q are 2 distinct points in the interior of the square ABCD such that AP =Aq and angle BAP is congruent to angle DAQ.Show that APCQ is a KITE
    To show it's a kite, you need to show that AP = AQ and PC = QC.

    That's because a kite has two pairs of adjacent sides that are the same.

    You already have that AP = AQ, all you need to do then is show PC = QC, which can be done with straightforward geometry. Draw it and you'll find the figure you have is mirror-symmetrical in the diagonal AC.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Sep 2009
    From
    Vadodara,Gujarat,India
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Westwood View Post
    To show it's a kite, you need to show that AP = AQ and PC = QC.

    That's because a kite has two pairs of adjacent sides that are the same.

    You already have that AP = AQ, all you need to do then is show PC = QC, which can be done with straightforward geometry. Draw it and you'll find the figure you have is mirror-symmetrical in the diagonal AC.
    Thank you Matt Westwood,But could please tell me the method to write....
    Anshul
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Super Member Matt Westwood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    From
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    737
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by anshulbshah View Post
    Thank you Matt Westwood,But could please tell me the method to write....
    Anshul
    Not sure I can do that. I don't know how you've been taught to present your work.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 29th 2010, 07:42 PM
  2. Constructing a Kite
    Posted in the Geometry Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 14th 2010, 07:44 AM
  3. Kite in circle
    Posted in the Trigonometry Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 1st 2010, 06:44 AM
  4. vector Proof - diagonals of a kite
    Posted in the Geometry Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: June 1st 2009, 02:04 PM
  5. geometric kite problem
    Posted in the Geometry Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 16th 2008, 06:13 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum