. .Consider the following collection of statements:
(1) If I wash the dishes, I break something.
(2) If I break something, I get into trouble.
(3) If I do not wash the dishes, I am accused of being lazy.
(4) If I am accused of being lazy, I get into trouble.
(5) If I get into trouble, I will sulk.
(6) I will not sulk.
i. Choose symbols to represent the sentences in the above argument,
and hence express the statements in terms of propositional calculus.
And we have: .
Working on it . . .ii. Construct a formal proof showing that the statements are inconsistent.
iii. How many rows would be required by a truth table
to show that the statements are inconsistent?
There are five statements: .
The truth table will have: . rows.