For (1) I get 16 since
(4) IT's n(n-1)=12 producing so n=4
I have a few questions i don't understand T_T
1. A committe of 4 people is to be chosen form a group of 8 people- 4 women and 4 men. How many ways can the committee be chosen so as to include exactly 3 women.
The answer is 70 but i keep getting 96. I don't understand how they got 70 =3=
2. From a deck of 52 cards, the 12 face cards and 4 aces are removed. From the 16 cards, 4 are chosen. How many different ways are there to choose the numbers?
3. In the Lotto 535 lottery, you must choose 4 numbers from 1 to 35 and one number from 1 to 25. How many different ways are there to choose the numbers?
4. Solve for n
The answer is 4 but i get 5 =3=
n!/ n-2! = 12
then i expanded and canceled out that n! leaving me (n-2)(n-1) = 12
i expanded it then i get n^2- 3n+2 = 12
i got n= 5 and -2
i don't know what i did wrong.
help anyone? (:
you want to pick 3 women from a group of 4.
you can write out ABCD women, and see there are 4 ways.
BUT the easier way is to cast off one and see there are 4 cast offs, leaving you with 3 women
ABC sending D home alone
ABD sending off C
ACD sending off B
BCD sending off A
same with 1 man from 4, there are 4 men to choose from.
2. It looks like their just asking for the number of ways to choose 4 cards out of the remaining 16, although I'm not too sure what is meant by "numbers."
3. It's the number of ways to choose 4 numbers out of 35 multiplied by the number of ways to choose 1 number out of 25