i need help with this combination/probability thingy :(
i know how to solve these questions, but i'm supposed to put them into categories but i don't know what kind of categories to put them into http://www.mymathforum.com/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif the teacher also says to write what these problems have in common and why you multiply to get the answers but i am very stupid so i don't know.
1. A deli has five types of meat, two types of cheese, and three types of bread. How many different sandwiches consisting of one type of meat, one type of cheese, and one type of bread, does the deli serve?
2. In a six-team division of a baseball league, each team plays each other 9 times. How many games will be played in the division?
3. A standard 52-card deck has four suits (hearts, clubs, diamonds, and spades) with 13 cards in each suit. How many five-card hands consist of four diamonds and one spade?
4. John has five shirts, three ties, and seven suits. How many possible outfits consisting of one shirt, one tie, and one suit does he have?
5. A locker combination system uses three digits from 0 to 9. How many different three-digit combinations with no digit repeated are possible?