Results 1 to 5 of 5

Math Help - Challenging problem

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12

    Challenging problem

    I've been trying to solve and find the solution of this problem by
    method of exact equations but eventually I got stuck.

    Thank you in advance.

    [y^(x) Cos(2x) -2e^(xy) Sin(2x) + 2x]dx + [xe^(xy) Cos(2x) -3]dy = 0
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor
    Jester's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2008
    From
    Conway AR
    Posts
    2,324
    Thanks
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
    I've been trying to solve and find the solution of this problem by
    method of exact equations but eventually I got stuck.

    Thank you in advance.

    [y^(x) Cos(2x) -2e^(xy) Sin(2x) + 2x]dx + [xe^(xy) Cos(2x) -3]dy = 0
    May I ask, is the a chance that the term above in red is

    y\,e^{xy} \cos 2x ?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    May I ask, is the a chance that the term above in red is

    y\,e^{xy} \cos 2x ?
    I checked my notes again to confirm. But, it is:
    ye^{x}  \cos 2x
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor
    Jester's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2008
    From
    Conway AR
    Posts
    2,324
    Thanks
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenzo View Post
    I checked my notes again to confirm. But, it is:
    ye^{x} \cos 2x
    You'll notice that you've changed the term from your first post. When you say notes, are you refering to classroom notes that you took?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Joined
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12
    Sorry my mistake.

    is y^(x) Cos 2x

    Yes the notebook I used to work on.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Challenging Problem
    Posted in the Advanced Algebra Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 22nd 2009, 11:18 AM
  2. Challenging Problem
    Posted in the Advanced Statistics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 15th 2009, 09:53 AM
  3. Coconut Problem - Challenging
    Posted in the Math Challenge Problems Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: January 26th 2007, 05:15 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 6th 2006, 11:18 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum