I've been doing some revision for my yearlies and I'm stuck on these questions:
1) Find the values of m for which the curves y = mx and y = abs(sinx) have only one common point.
2) Show that, if the line y = mx + c is a tangent to the curve 4x^2 + 3y^2 = 12, then c^2 = 3m^2 + 4.
3) The curves with equations y = 4/x + 2 and y = ax^2 + bx + c have the following properties:
1. there is a common point where x = 2
2. there is a common tangent where x =2
3. both curves pass through the point (1,6)
Find the values of a, b and c.
Could you please help me out?
Thanx a lot.