Hi, this is my first time using these forums, my brain is working at like half speed today for some reason... That and I can't remember what this is supposed to mean
1) not even going to bother with this one... don't have the time to type it out right now.
2) Find y[prime] for y^5 - x^5 = x^2 - y at the point (1,1)
3) Find the equation of the tangent line to x = sin(t): y = 3 + t at t = pi/4. Place your answer in explicit form.
A. y = (sqrt2)x + 2 +pi/4
And I've found an answer close to the correct one for this question but I'm willing to bet that I've done it wrong (I did it without using calculus...), and I should be able to get the exact answer given.
4) One plane is flying south at 300 mph and is 5 miles north of a point. A second plane is flying east at 400 mph and is 12 miles west of the same point. How fast (to the nearest mph) are the places approaching each other?
A. 485 mph (the answer I got was 475.4 mph)
5) tan(x + y^2) = 1.612271 expresses the relationship between the number of thousands of miles (x) I've jogged since I was born and my weight (y) in tons. If I'm currently increasing my total mileage by 6 miles per year, what is my current weight and instantaneous weight loss in points/year? To date I have jogged a thousand miles in my life.
A. x = 1/8 tons, or 250 lbs
now plug in your point (1,1)