Results 1 to 4 of 4

Math Help - series

  1. #1
    Member
    Joined
    May 2008
    Posts
    171

    series

    Hey.
    I need to develop this function into Maclaurin series and to find the radius of converges, did I do it right?
    And another thing, does the series (-1)^n from 1 to infinity (I know, my latex rocks) converges ? I'm pretty sure it's not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails series-scan0002.jpg  
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Flow Master
    mr fantastic's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    From
    Zeitgeist
    Posts
    16,948
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by asi123 View Post
    Hey.
    I need to develop this function into Maclaurin series and to find the radius of converges, did I do it right?
    [snip]
    Looks OK. You need to test x = 2 for convergence.

    Quote Originally Posted by asi123 View Post
    [snip]
    And another thing, does the series (-1)^n from 1 to infinity (I know, my latex rocks) converges ? I'm pretty sure it's not.
    The 'series' you've given is incomplete ....
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Member
    Joined
    May 2008
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by mr fantastic View Post
    Looks OK. You need to test x = 2 for convergence.


    The 'series' you've given is incomplete ....
    It converges at x = 2, right?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Flow Master
    mr fantastic's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    From
    Zeitgeist
    Posts
    16,948
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by asi123 View Post
    It converges at x = 2, right?
    Yes.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 3rd 2011, 02:12 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: September 29th 2010, 07:11 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 26th 2010, 09:06 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 1st 2009, 01:45 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 5th 2008, 10:44 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum