Results 1 to 4 of 4

Math Help - Fourier Series Project

  1. #1
    Rhymes with Orange Chris L T521's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2008
    From
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,844
    Thanks
    3

    Fourier Series Project

    I have completed my Fourier Series Project, but I plan on relearning the theory and expanding on concepts.

    I would like to get your feedback. What should have been included? What should not have been included? Are my explainations clear? Are they backed up? What are some good resources that I can use to [re]-learn Fourier Series? etc.

    I'd appreciate it very much!

    --Chris
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor Mathstud28's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    From
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris L T521 View Post
    I have completed my Fourier Series Project, but I plan on relearning the theory and expanding on concepts.

    I would like to get your feedback. What should have been included? What should not have been included? Are my explainations clear? Are they backed up? What are some good resources that I can use to [re]-learn Fourier Series? etc.

    I'd appreciate it very much!

    --Chris
    That is a really nice paper Chris! Very well formatted...what was the focus though...was it generally focusing on the one-dimensional wave equations relevance to Fourier Analysis or was this just a genreral treatise on Fourier Analysis as a whole? If it was the former was there a reason you omitted things such as Bessel's Inequality, Fejer, Weierstrass's theorem on polynomial approximation via Fourier Series. Were these just things you thought weren't pertinent to your paper?

    Once again great paper Chris, I am going to read the whole thing (no sarcasm)
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Rhymes with Orange Chris L T521's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2008
    From
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    2,844
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathstud28 View Post
    That is a really nice paper Chris! Very well formatted...what was the focus though...was it generally focusing on the one-dimensional wave equations relevance to Fourier Analysis or was this just a genreral treatise on Fourier Analysis as a whole? If it was the former was there a reason you omitted things such as Bessel's Inequality, Fejer, Weierstrass's theorem on polynomial approximation via Fourier Series. Were these just things you thought weren't pertinent to your paper?

    Once again great paper Chris, I am going to read the whole thing (no sarcasm)
    It was mostly about Fourier Series, but I noticed that the Wave Equation required Fourier Series. Because I needed to apply Fourier Series to something, I picked that PDE.

    However, I plan on teaching myself Bessel Functions, Legendre Polynomials and other things that are related to this stuff.

    Its really fascinating...I'm just glad my 120 hours of work payed off

    --Chris
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor Mathstud28's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    From
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris L T521 View Post
    It was mostly about Fourier Series, but I noticed that the Wave Equation required Fourier Series. Because I needed to apply Fourier Series to something, I picked that PDE.

    However, I plan on teaching myself Bessel Functions, Legendre Polynomials and other things that are related to this stuff.

    Its really fascinating...I'm just glad my 120 hours of work payed off

    --Chris
    Well congratulations!
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. [SOLVED] Fourier series to calculate an infinite series
    Posted in the Differential Geometry Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 4th 2010, 01:49 PM
  2. Complex Fourier Series & Full Fourier Series
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 9th 2009, 05:39 AM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: November 21st 2008, 08:57 PM
  4. Fourier series of f(x)=x between 0 and 2pi
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 21st 2008, 02:44 AM
  5. from fourier transform to fourier series
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 1st 2008, 06:35 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum