TKHunny's off-the-wall test-taking hints...
1) Never, ever stew over a difficult question. Move on and pick off the easy ones. Learning to recognize the questions you simply can't solve is a very, very important test-taking skill.
2) Always look as confident as possible. It helps if you act like you didn't even remember there was a test that day. It really irritates other test takers.
3) There are no shortcuts. Focus. Don't forget whatever it was you learned in the prerequisite classes that brought you to where you are today. For example, you'll not get the idea of limits if you don't know the difference between a term and a factor.
4) Don't worry about freaks who blast through the entire exam in half the allotted time and still get 100%. There is nothing you can do about those folks. If you think you know one, take a look at hint #2 and don't be intimidated.
5) Forget that you own a calculator and learn how to think more clearly and more logically. Don't let the magic electronic buttons replace your brain.
Okay, now go out there and see if you can beat 45%! Well, maybe you will want to shoot a little higher than that.