Please help me solve these problems. I tried, but I can't figure them out.
1) If is a differentiable function of then the slope of the tangent to the curve at the point where [tex]y=1[tex] is..?
2)Find the point on the graph of y=x^(1/2) between (1,1) and (9,3) at whtich the tangent to the graph has the same slop as the line through (1,1) and (9,3)
3) Let f and g be differential functions such that :
f(1) = 4
g(1) = 3
f'(3) = -5
g'(3) = 2
If h(x) = f(g(x)), then h'(1) =
4) Find the derivative and the equation of the tangent line to
5) Find the second derivative of
6) Use the tangent line approximation of y= square root of x at x=16 to find the approximate value of the square root of 17
And also, what does differentiable mean? How can you tell on a graph if a point is differentiable or not?
Thanks for the help