Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Plato

Math Help - Evaluate the limits (trigonometric)

  1. #1
    Member dokrbb's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2013
    From
    ...from out there ;)
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    21

    Evaluate the limits (trigonometric)

    I have such a limit \lim_{x \to{\pi/2}^+}{7cos(x)}/{1-sin (x)} which is of type 0/0

    by applying l'Hospital rule I get

    \lim_{x \to{\pi/2}^+}{-7sin(x)}/{-cos(x)} = ,

    7 *\lim_{x \to{\pi/2}^+}{tan(x)} =

    7 * -\infty ,

     - \infty , and it makes sense for me by visualizing the graph,

    what do you think?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor

    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    18,705
    Thanks
    1637
    Awards
    1

    Re: Evaluate the limits (trigonometric)

    Quote Originally Posted by dokrbb View Post
    I have such a limit \lim_{x \to{\pi/2}^+}{7cos(x)}/{1-sin (x)} which is of type 0/0
    by applying l'Hospital rule I get
    \lim_{x \to{\pi/2}^+}{-7sin(x)}/{-cos(x)} = ,
    7 *\lim_{x \to{\pi/2}^+}{tan(x)} =
    7 * -\infty ,
     - \infty , and it makes sense for me by visualizing the graph,
    what do you think?
    This graph ]does agree.
    Last edited by Plato; March 31st 2013 at 01:55 PM.
    Thanks from dokrbb
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    From
    New York
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1

    Re: Evaluate the limits (trigonometric)

    L'hopitals Rule is a great way to solve these limit problems.

    Howard Heller
    InteractiveMathTutor.com
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor

    Joined
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    18,705
    Thanks
    1637
    Awards
    1

    Re: Evaluate the limits (trigonometric)

    Quote Originally Posted by IMTinstructor View Post
    L'hopitals Rule is a great way to solve these limit problems.

    Howard Heller
    InteractiveMathTutor.com
    Anyone stupid enough to fall for you scam deserves the outcome.
    I can find no entry for you at MathGenealogy Project

    So what equips you to tutor?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    From
    New York
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1

    Re: Evaluate the limits (trigonometric)

    Math major, math expert, actuarial science major, MBA
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    Member dokrbb's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2013
    From
    ...from out there ;)
    Posts
    236
    Thanks
    21

    Re: Evaluate the limits (trigonometric)

    Quote Originally Posted by Plato View Post
    Anyone stupid enough to fall for you scam deserves the outcome.
    I can find no entry for you at MathGenealogy Project

    So what equips you to tutor?
    from my experience on forums I prefer to ignore the advertising messages - makes my life easier
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    From
    New York
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    1

    Re: Evaluate the limits (trigonometric)

    Me too. I do not like advertising messages. I prefer receiving emails from people like myself who are the highest possible level of math aptitude for help. Very few people can be trusted and definitely few have the math background that I possess.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Evaluate the limits
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: March 31st 2013, 01:20 PM
  2. how to evaluate these limits
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 23rd 2012, 05:11 PM
  3. Evaluate the Limits
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 8th 2009, 03:42 PM
  4. evaluate limits
    Posted in the Differential Geometry Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 17th 2009, 10:20 PM
  5. Evaluate limits:
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 22nd 2009, 01:42 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum