Results 1 to 5 of 5

Math Help - integral square error

  1. #1
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    111

    integral square error

    Hi,
    I want to compute the integral square error between two square waves. one is ideal and the other is assymetric.
    the equation for the assymetric is:
    x(t)=
    A for |t|<=To/4+ε/2
    and
    -A for (To/4)+(ε/2)<|t|<=To/2

    we were asked to plot the ideal( without the ε) and actual (or assymetric) waveforms and compute the integral square error between the two waveforms.

    I only have the final solution which is 4εA^2. I cannot find it
    Please can someone help me?

    Thank you
    B
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Grand Panjandrum
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    From
    someplace
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by braddy View Post
    Hi,
    I want to compute the integral square error between two square waves. one is ideal and the other is assymetric.
    the equation for the assymetric is:
    x(t)=
    A for |t|<=To/4+ε/2
    and
    -A for (To/4)+(ε/2)<|t|<=To/2

    we were asked to plot the ideal( without the ε) and actual (or assymetric) waveforms and compute the integral square error between the two waveforms.

    I only have the final solution which is 4εA^2. I cannot find it
    Please can someone help me?

    Thank you
    B
    Over what interval? The square difference is (2A)^2 over a number of intervals each of length ε/2. The number of these depends on the integration interval and if the wave is assumed periodic.

    RonL
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post
    Over what interval? The square difference is (2A)^2 over a number of intervals each of length ε/2. The number of these depends on the integration interval and if the wave is assumed periodic.

    RonL
    Hi captainBlack,
    I Think it over the interval of one period To.
    perhaps I did mot plot the 2 functions well.
    How many displacement of ε/2 do i have in 1 period?
    B.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Grand Panjandrum
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    From
    someplace
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by braddy View Post
    Hi captainBlack,
    I Think it over the interval of one period To.
    perhaps I did mot plot the 2 functions well.
    How many displacement of ε/2 do i have in 1 period?
    B.
    So the square wave is periodic with period T0, and you want to integrate from -T0/2 to +T0/2?

    So I make that 2 lots of (2A)^2 each of length epsilon/2, for a total of
    4A^2 epsilon.


    RonL
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post
    So the square wave is periodic with period T0, and you want to integrate from -T0/2 to +T0/2?

    So I make that 2 lots of (2A)^2 each of length epsilon/2, for a total of
    4A^2 epsilon.


    RonL
    OK Thanks
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. mean squared error vs. root mean square
    Posted in the Statistics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 30th 2010, 03:55 AM
  2. Mean Square Error
    Posted in the Advanced Statistics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 20th 2010, 11:01 PM
  3. Least Square Error Help
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 12th 2009, 06:52 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 1st 2009, 04:22 AM
  5. Mean square error proof
    Posted in the Advanced Statistics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 23rd 2009, 05:51 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum