Results 1 to 5 of 5

Math Help - Laplace Transform help

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3

    Laplace Transform help

    Hey, not sure if this should go in the physics forum, but I suppose it really only applies to this:


    I'm only in AP Calc BC doing a year end project, but I want to be able to do this by hand (no tables). How would I go about doing that?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Grand Panjandrum
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    From
    someplace
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfan092 View Post
    Hey, not sure if this should go in the physics forum, but I suppose it really only applies to this:


    I'm only in AP Calc BC doing a year end project, but I want to be able to do this by hand (no tables). How would I go about doing that?
    Please post the problem that gave rise to this.

    CB
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBlack View Post
    Please post the problem that gave rise to this.

    CB
    It's a circuit diagram with a lot of conclusions drawn based from Kirchoff's Voltage Law, voltage through each component, etc. You want the entire thing? It's fairly long winded and took up about one and a half pages written.

    Perhaps I can see if I can get hold of a scanner.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Grand Panjandrum
    Joined
    Nov 2005
    From
    someplace
    Posts
    14,972
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by bearsfan092 View Post
    It's a circuit diagram with a lot of conclusions drawn based from Kirchoff's Voltage Law, voltage through each component, etc. You want the entire thing? It's fairly long winded and took up about one and a half pages written.

    Perhaps I can see if I can get hold of a scanner.
    I ask because I find it improbable that that Laplace transform should be needed

    CB
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3
    It sort of is. I have to relate this to Butterworth tables in order to find out my constants for L and C, inductance and capacitance respectively.

    At any rate, I did figure it out. Applying Laplace transforms to each individual function of t did the trick. Thanks for any effort put forth.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Laplace transform and Fourier transform what is the different?
    Posted in the Advanced Applied Math Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 29th 2010, 10:51 PM
  2. Laplace transform
    Posted in the Advanced Applied Math Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 27th 2010, 10:55 AM
  3. Laplace transform
    Posted in the Differential Equations Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: September 4th 2009, 03:21 AM
  4. Laplace Transform Help
    Posted in the Differential Equations Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 9th 2009, 10:50 PM
  5. LaPlace Transform
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 12th 2008, 10:35 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum