Area of shapes?
These problems are actually in my Calculus book, we're starting to learn area/volume tomorrow, and I got these problems assigned to me, yet there's not explanation in the book..
1. a square with sides of length x
2. a square with diagonals of length x
3. a semicircle of radius x
4. a semicircle of diameter x
5. an equilateral triangle with sides of length x
6. an isosceles right triangle with legs of length x
7. an isosceles right triangle with hypotenuse x
8. an isosceles triangle with two sides of length 2x and one side of length x
9. a triangle with sides 3x, 4x, and 5x
10. a regular hexagon with sides of length x
The answers are:
Will someone explain how to do these? I only under stand 1/3/4.. the basic ones. thanks
Am I going to have to find formulas for every one of em? I'm pretty unsure about the triangle-shaped ones.