Results 1 to 6 of 6

Math Help - [SOLVED] Derivatives

  1. #1
    Member >_<SHY_GUY>_<'s Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    From
    CA
    Posts
    181

    Question [SOLVED] Derivatives

    In Doing One Of The Problems, Using L'hopital's Rule,
    I Get:

    \frac{xln3 + 3ln3}{xln2}
    But The Simplified form comes to be:
    \frac{ln3}{ln2}

    I don't see what I'm doing wrong in not getting that answer...
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Banned
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,261
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by >_<SHY_GUY>_< View Post
    In Doing One Of The Problems, Using L'hopital's Rule,
    I Get:

    \frac{xln3 + 3ln3}{xln2}
    But The Simplified form comes to be:
    \frac{ln3}{ln2}

    I don't see what I'm doing wrong in not getting that answer...

    Nothing: both expressions are different. If you write down the original problem perhaps the mistake is before derivating...

    Tonio
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Member >_<SHY_GUY>_<'s Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    From
    CA
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by tonio View Post
    Nothing: both expressions are different. If you write down the original problem perhaps the mistake is before derivating...

    Tonio
    The original problem is is in the attachment, and i stopped where i didn't know what to do next.

    Thanks :]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [SOLVED] Derivatives-capture.jpg  
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Banned
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,261
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by >_<SHY_GUY>_< View Post
    The original problem is is in the attachment, and i stopped where i didn't know what to do next.

    Thanks :]

    Great, but then \lim_{x\to\infty}\frac{x+3}{x}\cdot \frac{\ln 3}{\ln 2} =\frac{\ln 3}{\ln 2} ...what's the problem? It's the limit of a constant ( \frac{\ln 3}{\ln 2}) times a expression that converges to 1.

    Tonio
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Member >_<SHY_GUY>_<'s Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    From
    CA
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by tonio View Post
    Great, but then \lim_{x\to\infty}\frac{x+3}{x}\cdot \frac{\ln 3}{\ln 2} =\frac{\ln 3}{\ln 2} ...what's the problem? It's the limit of a constant ( \frac{\ln 3}{\ln 2}) times a expression that converges to 1.

    Tonio
    I Should have seen that...
    I struggle alot in calculus, and if it isn't the calculus I struggle with, its the algebra.
    Thanks Tonio
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    Banned
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,261
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by >_<SHY_GUY>_< View Post
    I Should have seen that...
    I struggle alot in calculus, and if it isn't the calculus I struggle with, its the algebra.
    Thanks Tonio

    Yes...we all did struggle, but as long as it is more beautiful and mind-blowing than hard one continues gladly on the way.

    Tonio
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. [SOLVED] Derivatives of cos and sin (again)
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 12th 2010, 08:50 PM
  2. [SOLVED] Derivatives of cos and sin
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 12th 2010, 05:48 PM
  3. [SOLVED] derivatives
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 6th 2009, 09:49 AM
  4. [SOLVED] more derivatives
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: October 23rd 2008, 04:04 PM
  5. [SOLVED] Help with derivatives!
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: September 23rd 2008, 09:07 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum