Set up and solve for the displacements at the nodes and for the forces transmitted by each of the
elements. Follow the following sequence of steps:
• Number the nodes
• Determine AE/L for each element
• Determine the 4x4 elemental stiffness Ke for each element
• Expand each Ke to the global level and add to the global stiffness matrix
• Form the global load matrix
• Enforce the constraints
• Solve the equations
• Calculate the forces transmitted in each member
• Verify nodal equilibrium and calculate reactions
All areas = 2 in2, All E’s = 30x106 psi
Please Check the Attachment for the picture!
Thank You and Help would be greatly appreciated.