Results 1 to 6 of 6

Math Help - Ti-nspire graphing quesion

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7

    Ti-nspire graphing quesion

    Does anyone know how to graph a x= function on the Ti-nspire CAS calculator. An example would be x=5. I cant seem to figure it out. Also i dont want to rearrange the equation or anything like that. Also Does anyone know if the Ti-nspire or Casio classpad can find integrals along the y-axis in graph mode.
    Thx
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Super Member
    earboth's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    From
    Germany
    Posts
    5,830
    Thanks
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by toprun91 View Post
    Does anyone know how to graph a x= function on the Ti-nspire CAS calculator. An example would be x=5. I cant seem to figure it out. Also i dont want to rearrange the equation or anything like that. Also Does anyone know if the Ti-nspire or Casio classpad can find integrals along the y-axis in graph mode.
    Thx
    Change into parametric mode. Then

    xt1=5
    yt1=t

    But unfortunately you can't use parametric mode and function mode simultaneously.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by earboth View Post
    Change into parametric mode. Then

    xt1=5
    yt1=t

    But unfortunately you can't use parametric mode and function mode simultaneously.
    Is there any other way. What if i want to do x=y^2. I know you can rearrange it to y=\sqrt{x} but it only covers y>0 and i dont want to do that every time
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Super Member
    earboth's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    From
    Germany
    Posts
    5,830
    Thanks
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by toprun91 View Post
    Is there any other way. What if i want to do x=y^2. I know you can rearrange it to y=\sqrt{x} but it only covers y>0 and i dont want to do that every time
    To draw the graph of x=y^2 stay in parametric mode. Use:

    x = t^2
    y = t

    Then you'll get both "branches" of the parabola.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    130
    You can plot x=y^2 by plotting the functions y=\sqrt{x} and y=-\sqrt{x} on same graph.

    If you want to draw x=5, the best thing is to draw parametric equation.

    Regards.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Joined
    May 2008
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by earboth View Post
    But unfortunately you can't use parametric mode and function mode simultaneously.
    On the TI-Nspire/CAS, you can use both modes at the same time. Screenshot below:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ti-nspire graphing quesion-random.gif  
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Homomorphism Quesion
    Posted in the Advanced Algebra Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 10th 2011, 10:20 PM
  2. Quesion on topology relating to produc spaces
    Posted in the Differential Geometry Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 2nd 2010, 04:26 PM
  3. Simple harmonic quesion
    Posted in the Pre-Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 1st 2009, 05:56 AM
  4. -> proving quesion
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 29th 2008, 06:16 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 27th 2006, 06:27 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum