Results 1 to 7 of 7

Math Help - Urgent..I have exam on jan 23 mates..can anyone help me with these questions.

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    From
    Moscow
    Posts
    4

    Urgent..I have exam on jan 23 mates..can anyone help me with these questions.

    42.


    In the equation Y = X1.3 , the letter "a" represents a constant.
    When X = 1 the value of Y = 2400
    The approximate value of Y when X = 2 is:

    • 5909



    1. 4546
    2. 4800
    3. 6240

    44.
    A market research company was commissioned to investigate the possibility of an optimum size for the content of a mail shot. Eight versions of the product description were produced, differing in length. A sample of possible recipients were asked to assess the description on a scale ranging from 'too short' to 'too long'. The numbers who judged the leaflet too long are given below:

    Sample Rank of length Too long "votes"
    a 1 0
    b 2 0
    c 3 25
    d 4 20
    e 5 60
    f 6 55
    g 7 62
    h 8 75
    Calculate Spearman's rank correction coefficient for this data (to 2 decimal places)

    • -0.95



    1. -0.93
    2. 0.05
    3. -0.05

    50.


    There is a 60% chance that project X will make a profit of �100,000 and a 40% chance of making �80,000 profit.
    Project Y will make a profit of either �50,000 or �200,000.
    The decision maker uses the expected value criterion.
    The probability of project Y making �200,000 profit, that would make the decision maker different between the two projects is:

    • 0.56



    1. 0.72
    2. 0.28
    3. 0.46

    58.
    X minus Y is equal to Z.
    Z is also 45% of X
    If Y is equal to 1,089 then the value of X is (to the nearest whole number).

    62.
    There is a linear relationship between Y (the dependent variable) and X (the independent variable)
    When Y = 15,000 then X = 10,000 and when Y = 13,750 then X = 12,500
    The equation that correctly relates X and Y is:
    A. Y = 35,000 - 2X
    B. 2Y = 40,000 + X
    C. Y = 36,000 + 2X
    D. 2Y = 40,000 - X








    63.
    In a group of 110 CIMA students, 34 are male, 55 are studying for Foundation level exams and 4 of the male students are not studying for Foundation exams. If a student is chosen at random a female, what is the probability that she is not studying foundation level?
    Give your answer correct to 2 decimal places.

    71.
    Sales are linearly related to advertising expenditure.
    When no advertising expenditure is incurred, sales are �20,000.
    When �15,000 is spent on advertising, sales are �65,000.
    The forecast value of sales, when advertising expenditure of �24,000 is incurred is (to the nearest �10)

    74.
    The three variables J, K and L are related by the equation J = KL
    If K and L have estimated values of 1000 and 50 respectively and these are subject to maximum errors of 2 � % and 4% respectively, then the maximum positive error in the value of J, in percentage terms, is:

    • 6.4%



    1. 6.2%
    2. 6.6%
    3. 10%

    75.
    There is a 60% chance the project X will make a profit of �100,000 and a 40% chance of making �60,000 profit.
    Project Y will make a profit of either �50,000 or �200,000.
    The decision maker uses the expected value criterion.
    The probability of project Y making �200,000 profit, that would make the decision maker indifferent between the two projects is:

    • 0.46



    1. 0.56
    2. 0.23
    3. 0.72


    80.


    Selling price is linearly related to the quantity demanded, so that the quantity demanded depends on the selling price set.
    When a price of �48 per unit is set there is a zero level of demand. At a price of �33 per unit the demand is 5,000 units.
    The forecast demand at a price of �42 per unit is:

    • 4,000 units



    1. 1,000 units
    2. 3,000 units
    3. 2,000 units


    86.


    A contract hire company buys a piece of plant now for �54,000. It is estimated that the plant will contribute �11,000 per annum (received at the end of each year) to profits, for each of six years. The scrap value of the plant at the end of the six years is estimated at �4,500.
    Calculate, to two decimal places, the net present value (NPV) of the plant, assuming the interest rate throughout the six year period is 6%.
    ( I am confused about the treatment for scrap value)


    90.
    Two functions are as follows:
    (1) X = 9 - 0.1Y
    (2) Y = 90 - 5X
    The following statements relate to these functions as depicted on a graph:
    i) Both functions can be represented by straight lines.
    ii) Function (1) has gradient which is twice that of function (2)
    iii) Function (2)has a gradient which is twice that of function (1)
    Which statement(s) is/are true?
    A.�������� (i) and (ii) only
    B.�������� (iii) only
    C.�������� (i) and (iii) only
    D.�������� (i) only

    92.
    The weight of a product is normally distributed with a mean of 200g
    39% of total production falls within the weight range of 175g to 225g.
    The standard deviation is approximately:

    • 40g



    1. 36g
    2. 49g
    3. 96g
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BlackNinjas; January 19th 2014 at 01:01 PM.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor

    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,572
    Thanks
    1412

    Re: Urgent..I have exam on jan 23 mates..can anyone help me with these questions.

    ??? The very first problem asks for a value of "a" but there is no "a" in the formula.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Forum Admin topsquark's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2006
    From
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    9,899
    Thanks
    327
    Awards
    1

    Re: Urgent..I have exam on jan 23 mates..can anyone help me with these questions.

    This is waaaaaay over the top. First, it would seem to be some sort of homework set which we cannot help you with. Second there are too many questions in this post. Stick to two or three questions and make new threads for the rest. It gets too confusing having this many questions all at once.

    -Dan
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    From
    Moscow
    Posts
    4

    Re: Urgent..I have exam on jan 23 mates..can anyone help me with these questions.

    Actually these are 20 questions which i encountered in my computer based exam and was not able to deal with them.well thanks for the advise.i have found the solution.thanks.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    From
    Moscow
    Posts
    4

    Re: Urgent..I have exam on jan 23 mates..can anyone help me with these questions.

    First of all thanks for your reply..Is there any possible solution to this question?4 options are given what do you think ?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    From
    Moscow
    Posts
    4

    Re: Urgent..I have exam on jan 23 mates..can anyone help me with these questions.

    To Hallsofivy,
    First of all thanks for your reply..Is there any possible solution to this question?4 options are given what do you think ?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  7. #7
    MHF Contributor

    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    15,572
    Thanks
    1412

    Re: Urgent..I have exam on jan 23 mates..can anyone help me with these questions.

    I would strongly recommend you re-read the question! According to you it starts "In the equation Y= X^{1.3}, the letter "a" represents a constant". But there is no "a" in the equation. Further, it says "When X = 1 the value of Y = 2400" which is clearly not true: 1 to any non-zero power is 1 so if Y= X^{1.3} and X= 1, then Y= 1, not 2400.

    I suspect the problem says, or should say, " Y= aX^{1.3}". NOW if Y= 2400 when X= 1, the what must a be? Using that a, what is Y when X= 2?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Hello Mates!
    Posted in the New Users Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 13th 2013, 07:01 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 3rd 2012, 04:10 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 3rd 2012, 06:16 AM
  4. urgent-exam time!
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 25th 2008, 08:18 AM
  5. quite urgent..exam in 2 days!!
    Posted in the Trigonometry Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 13th 2008, 03:36 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum