Results 1 to 4 of 4

Math Help - Ratios

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2

    Ratios

    Basically i have a question in my Business exam (past paper) saying that i need to work out Ratios. The question

    Calculate to 2 decimal places Kelogg's current ratio for 2005 and 2006

    (Formula =) Current Ratio = Current Assets : Current Liabilities

    For 2005

    Current assets = 2197

    Current Liabilities = 3163


    For 2006
    Current Assets = 2427
    Current Liabilities = 3163

    I do have the answers but i want to work out how you guys did it.

    Zoob
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    is up to his old tricks again! Jhevon's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    From
    New York, USA
    Posts
    11,663
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoob View Post
    Basically i have a question in my Business exam (past paper) saying that i need to work out Ratios. The question

    Calculate to 2 decimal places Kelogg's current ratio for 2005 and 2006

    (Formula =) Current Ratio = Current Assets : Current Liabilities

    For 2005

    Current assets = 2197

    Current Liabilities = 3163


    For 2006
    Current Assets = 2427
    Current Liabilities = 3163

    I do have the answers but i want to work out how you guys did it.

    Zoob
    i don't see your problem here. it seems like a pretty straight forward plug-n-chug

    for 2005: the ratio is 2197:3163

    for 2006: the ratio is 2427:3163

    the : means / as in divide, so do the divisions to get the required decimal expansion
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhevon View Post
    i don't see your problem here. it seems like a pretty straight forward plug-n-chug

    for 2005: the ratio is 2197:3163

    for 2006: the ratio is 2427:3163
    No no my answer is not what they give me. Tell me what you get
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    is up to his old tricks again! Jhevon's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    From
    New York, USA
    Posts
    11,663
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoob View Post
    No no my answer is not what they give me. Tell me what you get
    i already added something to the end of my post. use that to get your answer
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. ratios and trig ratios
    Posted in the Trigonometry Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 7th 2011, 09:45 AM
  2. ratios
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 26th 2010, 06:39 AM
  3. Ratios?
    Posted in the Statistics Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: June 28th 2010, 09:17 PM
  4. multiplying ratios without knowing the ratios?
    Posted in the Statistics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 28th 2009, 07:59 AM
  5. ratios?
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: July 2nd 2009, 08:34 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum