1. The easiest thing to do would be to plug in x and y into the equation and see if the answer is 7. Example: Plug (0,5) in. 0 + 3(5)= 15. So that is not a correct answer.
2. Lines perpendicular to each other have opposite slopes. So if a line had a slope of 4/5 a line perpendicular to it would have a slope of -5/4.
4. Parallel lines have the same slope. You must change 5x - 2y = 11 into y= mx + b form, where m is the slope and b is the y-intercept.
5. Use y= mx + b equation. m is the slope and b is the y-intercept.
6. Use the same strategy as #1. Plug the points given to you into the equation and see if the outcome is 11.