Results 1 to 4 of 4

Math Help - Please someone help me with just 2 questions?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7

    Please someone help me with just 2 questions?

    any help with these 2 quetions would be much apreciated.



    first question - A trangle has sides that are of an unknown lengths, but if one side is 2x, the other sides are 5x and 6x. Its perimeter is 56 inches. determine the length of each side, can you please show the steps of your anwser.


    second question- Set up the following word problem as a proportion then solve. Then finish your response by anwsering the question in the word problem. A softball player's batting average is 0.320, how many hits would she be exspected to get in 25 times at bat? PLease show me how you would identify what you are looking for. And explain how you got their.
    Last edited by mr fantastic; May 5th 2009 at 07:32 AM. Reason: Restored question deleted by OP
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,240

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by atthee View Post
    first question - A trangle has sides that are of an unknown lengths, but if one side is 2x, the other sides are 5x and 6x. Its perimeter is 56 inches. determine the length of each side...
    What is the definition of "perimeter"? What equation would represent the perimeter of this triangle?

    Quote Originally Posted by atthee View Post
    second question- Set up the following word problem as a proportion then solve. Then finish your response by anwsering the question in the word problem. A softball player's batting average is 0.320, how many hits would she be exspected to get in 25 times at bat? PLease show me how you would identify what you are looking for. And explain how you got their.
    What is the definition of "batting average"? What proportion would represent "a batting of average of 0.320 is equal to x hits in 25 at-bats"?

    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie scouser's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2009
    From
    We all live in a red and white kop
    Posts
    18
    maybe im wrong but the first question looks extremely easy
    2x + 5x +6x= 56
    13x = 56
    x= 56/13 = god knows what
    then you just calculate the sides with that!
    am i wrong
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,240

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    maybe im wrong but the first question looks extremely easy
    2x + 5x +6x= 56
    Exactly! Solve for the value of "x", and then plug this back into "2x", "3x", and "6x" to find the lengths.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. A few more log questions
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 31st 2010, 11:45 PM
  2. More log questions
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 31st 2010, 05:58 PM
  3. Some Questions !
    Posted in the Geometry Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 3rd 2009, 04:09 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 19th 2008, 08:18 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 1st 2005, 02:53 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum