1. got on my own
2. (root of x) - 2 = 4th root of x
3. (root of 3-3x) - (root of 3x + 2) = 3
4. write a quad equation with integer coef who roots are
(-1 +- root of -2) / 5
5. got on my own
6. got on my own
7. find all p in f(x) = (p + 1) x^2 + px - 1 so that the quadratic equation's roots are real and unequal
8. find the range of the following quadratic function
f(x) = roof of x(x^2) + roof of 8 (x) -2
almost got but cant get vertex here
9. A park in the shape of a rectangle has dimensions 60m by 100m. If the park contains a rectangular garden enclosed by a concrete walkway, how wide is the walkway if the area of the garden is half the area of the park?
Note : the concrete walkway width is uniform
i tried these and i keep getting the wrong answers
i spent 3 hours trying to figure them out but out of 20 problems, i didnt get these nine
Can you guys give me some hints on how to do these problems?