Results 1 to 7 of 7

Math Help - Calculing X...

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    From
    There
    Posts
    3

    Calculing X...

    I have to solve 5 problems, but I'm stuck with these two:

    25/9-3/2.(1-5/3x)=2/3x-1-(1/3x-1/9)

    and

    5/6.(x-12/10)+1/3x+1=35/10.(2x-3)

    ...I'd appreciate your help, since I have classes in a few hours, and I'm working on another project right now.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Senior Member mollymcf2009's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    From
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    490
    Awards
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Miishu View Post
    I have to solve 5 problems, but I'm stuck with these two:

    25/9-3/2.(1-5/3x)=2/3x-1-(1/3x-1/9)

    and

    5/6.(x-12/10)+1/3x+1=35/10.(2x-3)

    ...I'd appreciate your help, since I have classes in a few hours, and I'm working on another project right now.
    Ok, let me clarify what you've got here:

    1) \frac{25}{9} - \frac{3}{2} \cdot 1-(\frac{5}{3x}) = \frac{2}{3x} - 1 -(\frac{1}{3x} - \frac{1}{9})

    Wow, what a mess. Is that right for the first one??
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Like a stone-audioslave ADARSH's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2008
    From
    India
    Posts
    726
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Miishu View Post
    I have to solve 5 problems, but I'm stuck with these two:

    25/9-3/2.(1-5/3x)=2/3x-1-(1/3x-1/9)

    and

    5/6.(x-12/10)+1/3x+1=35/10.(2x-3)

    ...I'd appreciate your help, since I have classes in a few hours, and I'm working on another project right now.
    Possibility no. 2 of Q1
    \frac{25}{9} - \frac{3}{2(1-\frac{5}{3x})} = \frac{2}{3x-1} - (\frac{1}{3x} - \frac{1}{9})

    No 3 of Q1
    \frac{25}{9} - \frac{3}{2(1-\frac{5}{3x})} = \frac{2}{3x}-1 - (\frac{1}{3x} - \frac{1}{9})
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    From
    There
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymcf2009 View Post
    Ok, let me clarify what you've got here:

    1) \frac{25}{9} - \frac{3}{2} \cdot 1-(\frac{5}{3x}) = \frac{2}{3x} - 1 -(\frac{1}{3x} - \frac{1}{9})

    Wow, what a mess. Is that right for the first one??
    X goes with the whole fraction.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Like a stone-audioslave ADARSH's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2008
    From
    India
    Posts
    726
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymcf2009 View Post
    Ok, let me clarify what you've got here:

    1) \frac{25}{9} - \frac{3}{2} \cdot 1-(\frac{5}{3x}) = \frac{2}{3x} - 1 -(\frac{1}{3x} - \frac{1}{9})

    Wow, what a mess. Is that right for the first one??
    Probability no. 4

    \frac{25}{9} - \frac{3}{2} \cdot (1-\frac{5x}{3}) = \frac{2x}{3} - 1 -(\frac{x}{3} - \frac{1}{9})

    Probability no 5

    \frac{25}{9} - \frac{3}{2} \cdot 1-(\frac{5x}{3}) = \frac{2x}{3} - 1 -(\frac{x}{3} - \frac{1}{9})


    Hey! Miishu which one was correct?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  6. #6
    Newbie
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    From
    There
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ADARSH View Post
    Probability no. 4

    \frac{25}{9} - \frac{3}{2} \cdot (1-\frac{5x}{3}) = \frac{2x}{3} - 1 -(\frac{x}{3} - \frac{1}{9})

    Probability no 5

    \frac{25}{9} - \frac{3}{2} \cdot 1-(\frac{5x}{3}) = \frac{2x}{3} - 1 -(\frac{x}{3} - \frac{1}{9})


    Hey! Miishu which one was correct?
    The 1st one.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  7. #7
    Like a stone-audioslave ADARSH's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2008
    From
    India
    Posts
    726
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ADARSH View Post
    Probability no. 4

    \frac{25}{9} - \frac{3}{2} \cdot (1-\frac{5x}{3}) = \frac{2x}{3} - 1 -(\frac{x}{3} - \frac{1}{9})

    \frac{25}{9} - (\frac{3}{2} -\frac{5x}{2}) = \frac{6x}{9} - \frac{9}{9} -(\frac{3x}{9} - \frac{1}{9})


    \frac{25}{9} - (\frac{3-5x}{2} ) = \frac{6x}{9} - \frac{9}{9} -(\frac{3x-1}{9} )

    \frac{25 \times 2}{18} - (\frac{9(3-5x)}{18} ) = \frac{6x\times 2}{18} - \frac{9\times 2}{18} -\frac{(3x-1)\times 2}{18}


    50 - 9(3-5x) = 12x - 18 -(6x-2)

    Go ahead !
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum