i cant understand this question... because i was away when they learn it so yea...
Find the 1st 3 terms of a geometric sequence, given that the sum of the 1st three terms is 76/3 and the sum to infinity is 36.
This is what you need to know. In a GP:
- the first term is denoted by
- the common ratio is denoted by
- the first three terms are
- the sum of the first terms is
- the sum to infinity is , provided
So you'll need to plug in the values you've been given:
and solve for and . (Don't forget to answer the question when you done this.)
Can you complete it now?