Results 1 to 2 of 2

Math Help - Please help me quickly

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34

    Please help me quickly

    There are 300 girls who represent a certain school in both summer and winter sports. In summer 60% of these girls play cricket and the other plays 40% play squash.In winter the girls play hockey or netball but not both. 56% of the hockey players take cricket in summer and 30% of the cricket players take netball in winter.The number of girls who play netball and squash is
    a)54 b)30 c)120 d)99 e)21



    THANK YOU
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Member u2_wa's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    119

    netball and squash

    Quote Originally Posted by kl050196 View Post
    There are 300 girls who represent a certain school in both summer and winter sports. In summer 60% of these girls play cricket and the other plays 40% play squash.In winter the girls play hockey or netball but not both. 56% of the hockey players take cricket in summer and 30% of the cricket players take netball in winter.The number of girls who play netball and squash is
    a)54 b)30 c)120 d)99 e)21



    THANK YOU
    Answer is e
    Cricket players=0.6*300=180
    Squash players= 120
    suppose there are x players in hockey.
    So 0.56x=70% of cricket players, as 30% of cricket players now play netball
    x=225
    300-225=75 players in netball
    75 - 30% of cricket players=21
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. quickly differentiate this please
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: August 14th 2010, 09:35 PM
  2. need help quickly
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 9th 2009, 04:04 PM
  3. need help quickly please
    Posted in the Math Topics Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 30th 2006, 06:02 AM
  4. Quickly, help please!
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 14th 2006, 12:05 PM
  5. [SOLVED] [SOLVED] Need help quickly!
    Posted in the Advanced Algebra Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 24th 2005, 12:43 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum