Results 1 to 4 of 4

Math Help - polynomial descending order

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    323

    polynomial descending order

    x^5+5x+2x^3+3x^2+4x^4+6 in descending order is:

    a)x^5+4x^4+2x^3+5x+6

    b)6+5x+3x^3+2x^3+4x^4+x^5

    <br />
c) none of the above( my choice )

    d) -(6+5x+3x^2+2x^3+4x^4+x^5)
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    -1
    e^(i*pi)'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    From
    West Midlands, England
    Posts
    3,053
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by william View Post
    x^5+5x+2x^3+3x^2+4x^4+6 in descending order is:

    a)x^5+4x^4+2x^3+5x+6

    b)6+5x+3x^3+2x^3+4x^4+x^5

    <br />
c) none of the above( my choice )

    d) -(6+5x+3x^2+2x^3+4x^4+x^5)
    x^5 + 4x^4 + 2x^3 + 5x + 6 which is answer C
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by e^(i*pi) View Post
    x^5 + 4x^4 + 2x^3 + 5x + 6 which is answer C
    Thanks,What you have put is choice a), how can that be if there is a term missing?
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    -1
    e^(i*pi)'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    From
    West Midlands, England
    Posts
    3,053
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by william View Post
    Thanks,What you have put is choice a), how can that be if there is a term missing?
    That was me misreading option A
    I edited my post to option C upon realising this
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. descending sequence proof
    Posted in the Differential Geometry Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 21st 2009, 10:47 AM
  2. 6th order Polynomial
    Posted in the Pre-Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 18th 2009, 03:43 PM
  3. second order taylor polynomial
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 27th 2009, 04:52 AM
  4. Descending Digits
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 16th 2008, 03:29 PM
  5. factoring 3rd order polynomial...
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 14th 2008, 06:32 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum