Results 1 to 5 of 5

Math Help - find the quotient

  1. #1
    Member
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    197

    find the quotient

    Please tell me what is quotient and what am i suppose to do ?

    Q)  \frac {8x^2 - 28x^4}{4x^2}<br />

    please answer in steps
    thank you very much
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    A riddle wrapped in an enigma
    masters's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    From
    Big Stone Gap, Virginia
    Posts
    2,551
    Thanks
    11
    Awards
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mj.alawami View Post
    Please tell me what is quotient and what am i suppose to do ?

    Q)  \frac {8x^2 - 28x^4}{4x^2}<br />

    please answer in steps
    thank you very much

    Hi mj,

     \frac {8x^2 - 28x^4}{4x^2}

    First, factor the numerator:

    \frac{4x^2(2-7x^2)}{4x^2}

    Next cancel out the common factors in numerator and denominator:

    2-7x^2

    And we're done.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Member
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by masters View Post
    Hi mj,

     \frac {8x^2 - 28x^4}{4x^2}

    First, factor the numerator:

    \frac{4x^2(2-7x^2)}{4x^2}

    Next cancel out the common factors in numerator and denominator:

    2-7x^2

    And we're done.
    Thank you very much for your help ,you really made it look simple :P
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    MHF Contributor

    Joined
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    14,971
    Thanks
    1121
    Quote Originally Posted by mj.alawami View Post
    Please tell me what is quotient and what am i suppose to do ?

    Q)  \frac {8x^2 - 28x^4}{4x^2}<br />

    please answer in steps
    thank you very much
    Or separate the fractions: \frac{8}{4}\frac{x^2}{x^2}- \frac{28}{4}\frac{x^4}{x^2}= 2- 7x^2
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  5. #5
    Member
    Joined
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by HallsofIvy View Post
    Or separate the fractions: \frac{8}{4}\frac{x^2}{x^2}- \frac{28}{4}\frac{x^4}{x^2}= 2- 7x^2

    This is also simple :P thanks very much
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Using Quotient Rule to find y'
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 17th 2010, 08:20 PM
  2. find the quotient and remainder
    Posted in the Number Theory Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 26th 2010, 06:12 PM
  3. Using newton quotient to find derivative
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 12th 2009, 04:05 PM
  4. [SOLVED] Parallelogram. Find quotient.
    Posted in the Geometry Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 24th 2009, 11:52 AM
  5. Find the quotient of:
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 13th 2008, 09:32 AM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum