Results 1 to 4 of 4

Math Help - Problems Related with age.Please solve it.

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10

    Angry Problems Related with Mensuration.Please solve it.

    Plz help for my exams.Only 4 days are left try to solve the whole question please.Plz i need help.I have tried all questions but i am not getting it so plz solve that whole and all questions.


    Q1)The length of a rectangle is 4 cm more than its breadth and its perimeter is 11 cm more than its breadth.Find the length and breadth.Find the length and breadth of rectangles.

    Q2)The breadth of a floor is 4 meter less than its length.If length and breadth is increased by 1 meter each,then its area increases by 27 square meter.Find the length and breadth of the floor and obtain the area of the floor

    Q3)A field is shape of a square.A fence is to be erected around it.The cost of the fence at the rate of Rs 12 per meter will be Rs 2,640.How much paise per square meter?

    In Q3 the Rs 12 is INR 12 in INDIA money formet is Rupees paise 1 RS = 100 paise.
    Last edited by prashantvrm; July 16th 2008 at 01:34 AM.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  2. #2
    Lord of certain Rings
    Isomorphism's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    From
    IISc, Bangalore
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by prashantvrm View Post
    Plz help for my exams.Only 4 days are left try to solve the whole question please.Plz i need help.I have tried all questions but i am not getting it so plz solve that whole and all questions.


    Q1)The length of a triangle rectangle is 4 cm more than its breadth and its perimeter is 11 cm more than its breadth.Find the length and breadth.Find the length and breadth of rectangles.
    What is a triangle rectangle?


    Quote Originally Posted by prashantvrm View Post
    Q2)The breadth of a floor is 4 meter less than its length.If length and breadth is increased by 1 meter each,then its area increases by 27 square meter.Find the length and breadth of the floor and obtain the area of the floor
    b = l - 4 \Rightarrow l = b + 4

    A = lb = (b+4)b = b^2 + 4b
    A+27 = (l+1)(b+1) = ((b+4) + 1)(b+1) = b^2 + 6b + 5

    sub A value in second equation.

    A+27 = b^2 + 4b + 27 = b^2 + 6b + 5 \Rightarrow 2b = 22 \Rightarrow b = 11, l = b+4 = 15
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  3. #3
    Newbie
    Joined
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Isomorphism View Post
    What is a triangle rectangle?




    b = l - 4 \Rightarrow l = b + 4

    A = lb = (b+4)b = b^2 + 4b
    A+27 = (l+1)(b+1) = ((b+4) + 1)(b+1) = b^2 + 6b + 5

    sub A value in second equation.

    A+27 = b^2 + 4b + 27 = b^2 + 6b + 5 \Rightarrow 2b = 22 \Rightarrow b = 11, l = b+4 = 15
    Sorry it was written wrong now it is write.

    Thanks.
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

  4. #4
    Lord of certain Rings
    Isomorphism's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    From
    IISc, Bangalore
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by prashantvrm View Post
    Q1)The length of a rectangle is 4 cm more than its breadth and its perimeter is 11 cm more than its breadth.Find the length and breadth.Find the length and breadth of rectangles.
    l = b+4 ,\text{ perimeter} = 2(l+b) = 11 + b
     \Rightarrow 2(b+4 + b) = 11 + b \Rightarrow 2(2b+4) = 4b+8 = 11 + b \Rightarrow 3b = 3 \Rightarrow b=1, l =b+4 = 5
    Follow Math Help Forum on Facebook and Google+

Similar Math Help Forum Discussions

  1. Related rate problems
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: February 25th 2009, 02:36 PM
  2. Problems Related with age.Please solve it.
    Posted in the Algebra Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 16th 2008, 02:01 AM
  3. Related Rates Problems
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: November 29th 2007, 09:36 AM
  4. Related Rates Problems
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 30th 2007, 10:37 PM
  5. Two Related Rate Problems
    Posted in the Calculus Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 15th 2007, 11:23 PM

Search Tags


/mathhelpforum @mathhelpforum