1. 60 quarters,12 dimes
2.12 nickels, 4 dimes
3. Maybe 7.26?
5-------6.length 39 and width 6
1. Eugenia had five times as many quarters as dimes. If the total value of her coins was $16.20, how many of each kind of coin did she have?
2. Yolanda had three times as many nickels as dimes. If the total value of her coins was $1, how many of each kind of coin did she have?
3. If 2/3 pound of coffee costs $4.84, what does one pound cost?
4. Peanuts worth $2.95/kg were mixed with cashews worth $6.25/kg to produce a mixture worth $5.00/kg. How many kilograms of each kind of nuts were used to make 33 kg of the mixture?
5. The smaller of two numbers is three more than -2 times the larger one. If four times the smaller number is subtracted from the larger number, the result is 51. Find the numbers.
6. The perimeter of a rectangle is 90 cm. The length is 15 cm more than 4 times the width. Find the dimensions of the rectangle.
7. Pure copper was mixed with a 12% alloy to produce an alloy that was 20% copper. How much of the pure copper and how much 12% alloy were used to produce 132 kg of the 20% alloy?
8. The cost of 5 boxes of small paper clups and 2 boxes of large paper clips is $49.30 seven boxes of small clips and 4 boxes of large ones cost $79.10. Find the cost of a box of each size of paper clips.
You should be able to take it from here.
Now solve the system.